Winter is here in the Pacific Northwest and it has been a cold one so far! I am always trying to find ways to chase away the dark winter blues...how about you? I would love to know how you do the same with these long dark days.
Here are a few of my tips:
- I love lighting fragrant candles to brighten up our home and enjoy the warm light and fragrance.
- It's nice to connect with nature by taking my dog Poppy* for a walk. Even if its raining, the moisture is good for the senses. * my four-legged therapist
- Taking a nice hot bath with renewing bath salts is great for removing toxins and letting your skin breathe. Add some nice soothing music and you have your very own spa experience!
- Fresh flowers; George loves flowers in our home and since he has an Ikebana class each week, we have lovely fresh flowers to delight our visual and sight senses.
- Invest in good skin care products. I just had a significant birthday (aren't they all!) and my BFF Diane, gave me the wonderful gift of Paula's Choice Skin care regiment. I am also in love with CeraVe Hydrating Body wash. The ceramides activate with water. Once you try this terrific product, you will be hooked!
- Bake: Research has shown that it is quite therapeutic to make something with your very own hands. Here is the link for a cake I recently whipped up and it was delish! And it starts with a Duncan Hines (my favorite) cake mix! As Ina says "How easy is that?" https://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cakes/applesauce-walnut-cake/
- Last and not least: Hug someone you love! The power of touch, well in my opinion, it changes everything!